22-year-old man dies from swine flueyedoc71
SAN DIEGO – health officials confirmed that a 22-year-old man who tested positive for swine flu has died. The man was hospitalized at Scripps Mercy Hospital in Chula Vista, a small city within San Diego, and was admitted for medical conditions.
Dr. Wilma Wooten, a county public health officer, said “This is a solemn reminder that H1N1 is still in our community, and our sympathies are with the family of this young man”.
Dr. Wilma Wooten did say that the swine flu virus is not as widespread as it was last year, however, San Diego city health officials are still encouraging people to take precautions such as covering their mouse when they cough and washing hands frequently to prevent the virus from spreading further.
To this day, 63 people in San Diego County who tested positive for the swine flu virus have died. Seven of them were nonresidents visiting the area officials confirm.
A local Lasik San Diego has also urged people to refrain from touching their eyes as this is a possible way for viruses and bacteria to be spread.
There are six public health centers and one vaccination clinic in San Diego where you can get H1N1 vaccines.
If you would like more information please visit the San Diego County website.